For an introduction to what RCON is, see this article.
This will allow you to run rcon commands in game. Any commands you run in the console will need to have
rcon in front. Example:
rcon sv_cheats 1
- Login to Command Center.
- From the servers page, click the Manage button for your TF2 server.
- Navigate to the Files tab seen above the console.
- You will see all of your server's files on this page. Navigate to
- Click on
server.cfg. This will open the file in a separate window so you can edit it. If you'd rather use your own editor, or the file isn't there, you can use our SFTP instructions to connect to your server and open or create the file.
- Note that this will be empty. You'll want to add the line
- Save the config and restart the server.
- Once in game, bring up the in game console and type in
You can also now use RCON with your standard IP and port externally as well. For a suggestion on an RCON client see this article.
Updated about 2 months ago