There are so many good modpacks out there, that adding a few of your favorite mods to an already great modpack can be much easier, quicker, and stable than creating your own modpack. Here's how to do that.
- Install your desired modpack server. Make a backup using our Backups system just in case.
- Download the mods you want to add from their source, like Curseforge. Make sure to check what Minecraft version your modpack uses, and download the mods that are made for that version of Minecraft. Example, if the modpack is 1.16.5 the mods you add will also need to be 1.16.5. They will come as
- Connect to your server via SFTP
- Drag and drop your mods into the
modsfolder in your server from your computer, if needed.
- Drop those same mods into the
modsfolder of your modpack on your computer, if needed.
- Restart your server.
In short, that should be it! There are a lot of caveats though. Some mods are only able to be run on servers, some are needed on both the server and the client, and some are client-only. Check the mod page to see whether to install the mod to the server, client, or both.
Some mods may not work with the modpack you add them to. Some also may cause issues in-game. Make sure to create a backup as mentioned above, and you always have the option of restoring a backup if things don't go as planned.
If all else fails, feel free to contact support and we can help you get your server up and running!
Updated about 2 months ago