The Easy Way
This guide is intended for advanced users only. Command CenterCommand Center - Command Center is what we (Akliz) call our custom designed control panel. provides an installer for recommended versions of Minecraft Forge for all versions 1.7.10+. If all you need is a base Minecraft Forge install, you can set that up here.
Forge 1.17 works differently than all other versions before it. You'll need to use our Forge installer to use Forge 1.17 instead of installing it yourself.
Follow this tutorial to install a plain Forge server. A Forge server allows you to run Forge mods on a Minecraft server.
- Download the installer of your desired version from Minecraft Forge You don’t want the universal JAR.
- Go to your downloads folder and double-click on the file to launch the installer.
- Choose Install Server
- Select a folder to install the files to. We recommend making an empty folder in a temporary location, like on your desktop.
- Wait for the download to complete.
Alternatively, if you would like to use a terminal application to install Forge, it’s pretty simple. Navigate to where you want to install Forge (like a new directory), move the Forge installer there, and invoke:
java -jar forge-installer.jar --installServer.
- Connect to your server FTP.
- If you’re using FileZilla, on the Local site (left pane), navigate to the folder that you installed the Forge server to. For example, it may be the folder that you created on your desktop.
- Drag the contents of the folder (
minecraftforge-universal...jar) to your game folder on the right.
- Login to Command Center.
- Go to the Server List page. Either create a new Custom Minecraft server or click the Manage button for a server you would like to add this Forge server installation.
- Click Game Settings from the Gear Icon menu.
- In the Custom JAR section, choose and install,
- Restart your server.
Updated 2 months ago