For an introduction to what RCON is, see this article.
Once you have your Minecraft server created, there are only a few steps to enable and connect with rcon to send commands to your server remotely.
- Click "Manage" next to your server in the Command Center to open your server's page. Then click the gear tab at the top left and click "Port Forwarding".
- In the "Request Port" section, open the dropdown menu and select "Other". Don't change anything in the 2 text boxes.
- Make sure the Protocol is TCP.
- Click the "One to One" check box so it is checked.
- Click "Add Port". Your new port will be the last one in the list. Both private and public ports should be the same. If they are not, make a new port and make sure "One to One" is checked.
- Remember or copy the new port. You'll need it in the next steps.
- Edit your server.properties file and change the line
enable-rcon=from false to true.
- Add a password after the line
rcon.password=. Do not use any special characters. Stick to numbers and letters.
- In the line
rcon.port=change whatever number it has there to the port number you created earlier. Make sure if you paste that there are no spaces being pasted.
- Click Save and start or restart your server.
That's it! RCON is now enabled and ready to use. To learn how to connect with rcon, see this article. And as always, if you need any help, contact us with the chat bubble on the bottom right of the page.
Updated 4 months ago