Installing mods onto your Conan Exiles server is easy, and connecting to a modded server is even easier! Here's how:
- Subscribe to the mods you'd like to use through the Steam Workshop.
- Navigate to [Steam installation directory]/steamapps/workshop/content/440900 for steam mods.
- In each of the numbered folders, there will be a .pak file. Keep this window open.
- Connect to your Conan server using SFTP.
- Create a
Modsfolder on your server here:
- Upload each one of your .pak files into this Mods folder. Do not include any of the numbered folders, we just need the .pak files.
- Create a new document titled
modlist.txtin the Mods folder on your server.
- Inside this document, you need to list the filename of every mod file you copied into the server with an asterisk before it, each on their own line. It should look something like this:
*modname1.pak *mod2.pak *thirdmod.pak *you-get-the-point.pak
- Save the file
- Restart your server.
And that's it! The mods should load, as long as they are compatible with the current version of the game and the other mods in the server.
The best thing about Conan Exiles modding is that you do not have to install these onto your game before you connect, and neither do your friends. When you attempt to connect to the server, a menu will appear titled "MOD MISMATCH". This means the server has mods installed that your game does not. If you click both of the checkboxes at the bottom and click "subscribe/update all", these mods will be installed and subscribed to in the Steam Workshop, and your game will automatically restart, and it will connect to the server automatically once it finishes restarting.
Updated about 2 months ago