- Download the latest version of the mod/overhaul server files from the mod developer's Discord or Github. Make sure it works with the latest version of 7 Days to Die.
- If you are not installing an overhaul mod, create a
Modsfolder on your PC and put all of your modlets in it.
- Update your server to the latest version of 7 Days to Die.
- Connect to your server through SFTP.
- Upload the overhaul files (usually a
Datafolder) and/or the
Modsfolder to the
7-days-to-diefolder on your server. Make to sure overwrite any files on the server, especially for overhaul mods.
- Start your server.
Server Crashing or Mods not Loading on Start
You can check the output logs in Command Center by clicking on the Files tab and then the
7DaysToDieServer_Datafolder and look for the
output_log_[DATE-TIME].txtfiles and click on them. Read through that file to determine the cause of the crash or if the mods are being loaded or not.
- Install the mods on your client as described below.
Order is Important
Make sure to do the server update (Step 3) first before uploading your mod files (Step 5) so that the mod files won't be overwritten by the server update.
Updating Your Mods
You can follow these same directions above to update your modded server.
Updated 4 months ago