You may wish to change your Minecraft version to use specific versions or be able to join different servers. The Minecraft version on your computer must closely match the version that the server that you're trying to join. These instructions only work with the default "Vanilla" Minecraft launcher.
- Start Minecraft and log in.
- On the lower-left, click New Profile.
- Fill in Profile Name with something descriptive, like Minecraft 1.8.
- Next to Use version, choose the version that matches the server you're trying to join. You may need to contact the server owner to get the server version.
- Click Save Profile.
- On the main Minecraft screen, select your desired profile.
- Press Play.
If your server is running the Vanilla Minecraft game, you may wish to change the version.
- Log into Command Center.
- From the server list, choose your vanilla server by clicking the Manage button for that server.
- Either click the Version number or select Game Settings from the gear icon menu.
- Under the Installed Version, you will see availabe versions. The first dropdown box will let you select Minecraft, CraftBukkit, or Spigot. The second dropdown box will let you select the version.
- Choose a version and click install.
- Restart your server for it to take effect.
Updated 10 months ago