For an introduction to what RCON is, see this article.
Once you have your server created, there are only a few steps to enable and connect with RCON to send commands to your server remotely.
- Click "Manage" next to your server in the Command Center to open your server's page. Then click the gear tab at the top left and click "Port Forwarding".
- By default, there should be a port at the bottom with one number under public and "8081" under private.
- Remember or copy the Public port. You'll need it when you connect. This is your RCON port.
- In Command Center, open your server and click on the "Files" tab.
- Navigate to and open
- Around line 33 is the "Telnet" section (which is a type of RCON).
- On the line that says
<property name="TelnetPassword" value=""/>type your password after value, between the 2 quotation marks.
- Save the file.
- Start or restart your server.
That's it! RCON is now enabled and ready to use. To learn how to connect with RCon, see this article. For 7 Days to Die specifically, you will need to append
-t telnet to the
.\rcon.exe command when running rcon-cli. And as always, if you need any help, contact us with the chat bubble on the bottom right of the page.
Updated about 2 months ago