To download mods for your server you'll want to go to Vintage Story mod selection on their site. When connecting to a Vintage Story modded server, Vintage Story will automatically ask if it can download the necessary mods needed for the server.
- Download the mods that you want to install. For compatibility, they need to be the same Vintage story version as your server. For example, if your server is 1.18.0 the mod must also be 1.18.0. The mods will be a .zip folder, do not extract the contents.
- Log into your server though SFTP.
- Navigate to the mods folder in your SFTP client
- Upload your mods (one at a time, repeating these instructions as necessary) into the mods folders. The mod’s installation instructions should specify the folder(s) to place them into if they are different.
- Log into Command Center. From the server list, find the server you want to install mods to and click the Manage button on the right.
- When you’re ready, restart your server.
If you're connecting to a server that already has the mods installed you should get a pop up that will ask if it can download the mods needed for the server. If you're unable to download the mods you can still manually add them to your game
- Download the latest version of the mod client files. They will be a .zip folder do not extract the contents.
- Hit Windows Key+R on your keyboard.
- In the field that pops up, type
- Make sure you're in the Roaming folder and click then on VintagestoryData folder.
- Click on the Mods Folder.
- Drag the downloaded .zip file into the Mods Folder.
- Inside the Vintage Story game menu you should see Mod Manager.
- The mod will show a blue square box if being loaded.
Updated about 2 months ago