For an introduction to what RCON is, see this article.
Once you have your server created, there are only a few steps to enable and connect with RCON to send commands to your server remotely.
- Click "Manage" next to your server in the Command Center to open your server's page. Then click the gear tab at the top left and click "Port Forwarding".
- In the "Request Port" section, open the dropdown menu and select "Other". Don't change anything in the 2 text boxes.
- Make sure the Protocol is TCP.
- Click the "One to One" check box so it is checked.
- Click "Add Port". Your new port will be the last one in the list. Both private and public ports should be the same. If they are not, make a new port and make sure "One to One" is checked.
- Remember or copy the new port. You'll need it in the next steps.
- In Command Center, open your server and click on the "Files" tab.
- Navigate to and open
- Add and fill the following lines to the end of that file:
[RconPlugin] RconEnabled=1 RconPassword=YourRconPassword RconPort=
- Enter the port you just created at the end of the line "RconPort="
- Save the file
- Restart your server
That's it! RCON is now enabled and ready to use. To learn how to connect with RCON, see this article. To see a list of commands, type the command "help". Click here for a list of all available admin commands (see below for instructions on how to use those in RCON). And as always, if you need any help, contact us with the chat bubble on the bottom right of the page.
When you send the command "help" when connected to your Conan server via rcon, you will get a short list of RCON commands. These are exclusive to RCON and notably don't include any of the in-game admin/console commands. However, the
con command will let you send in-game admin commands as if you were a player in-game. Here is the syntax:
Usage: con <id> <command> <args>. Where <id> is a valid online player ID, and <command> being a regular console command
Updated about 2 months ago