Opis is a Forge mod that can help pinpoint the sources of lag in a modded Minecraft server. You can run Opis from within your game to get details on the slowest chunks, entities, tile entities, and other objects and data on your server and client. Opis is only available for Forge based modpacks 1.6.4 and later. You can check your Minecraft version after you start your game on the lower left corner of the Minecraft screen. Some Feed the Beast mod packs already include Opis.
Opis includes MapWriter. If your server and client already have a MapWriter mod, remove or disable it. You can disable MapWriter by moving the
mapwriter...zip out of the mods folder.
- Download Opis and MobiusCore for your version of Minecraft.
- Place the .zip into your server game’s mods folder using SFTP.
- Place Opis and MobiusCore into the mods folder of your client. Instruction may vary for different launchers, for example if you’re using the Technic Launcher, select the modpack you want to add these mods to, click on Modpack Options next to the gear icon on the far right, and click Open.
/opisto open the Opis UI
- On the "Summary" tab, click "Run Opis" to start data collection.
- After a few seconds, click "Server Timing", then click "Chunks" to view the slowest chunks. Click "Teleport" to go to affected locations.
- Opis highlights the blocks that are causing the slowdowns in red.
- Clicking "Tracking", then "Entities" will return a list of amount of each entity type
- Clicking an entity on the list, then clicking "Kill all" will remove all entities of that type
Updated about 2 months ago