From time to time, you may be unable to connect to older versions of Minecraft servers. When you connect to your server, you may see Failed to login: Bad login. It usually indicates that your Minecraft login has timed out or there is an issue with the Minecraft session servers.
- Log out of Minecraft.
- Close Minecraft, Technic Launcher, FTB Launcher, or whichever launcher you are using.
- Reopen Minecraft.
- Type your username and password, and login.
- Try connecting to your server again.
- If it doesn’t work, continue to the next section.
- Check for issues with the Minecraft authentication servers
Periodically, Mojang’s Minecraft authentication servers will go down. We suggest checking article on Connection Problems for information on Mojang server status. Outages can affect servers that are not ours. It’s outside of our control and is not a problem with our service.
The issue should resolve on its own in a few hours. If you absolutely need to connect to your server, you can run your server in offline mode. We only recommend doing so if you absolutely trust your players and can monitor who’s on. Offline mode can open up your server to griefers. If you’d like to learn how to enable offline mode, read: How to Enable Online/Offline Mode on a Minecraft Server.
Updated 2 months ago