Mojang will periodically release new snapshots of the next Minecraft release for testing. The snapshots often have new features not yet released to the official game. To run a Minecraft snapshot server, download the client and server versions from the Mojang site.
Akliz Minecraft server hosting lets you run Minecraft snapshot servers. We provide a Minecraft Snapshot installer in Command Center, but you can also create a custom Minecraft server and install the snapshot by following the instructions below.
- Login to Command Center.
- From the server list, on the side bar, click Create a Server.
- Choose Minecraft and then use the search bar to filter custom. Choose the Custom Minecraft option, follow the directions, and install the server.
- This will take you back to the server list. Click the Manage button for the server you just created.
- Download the latest Minecraft snapshot server and save it on your computer. Make sure to download the
- Find the FTP information by either clicking Show FTP Information or going to the gear icon menu and selecting FTP Information.
- Login to your server FTP.
- Upload the JAR to the FTP folder of the game.
- From the server you created click the gear icon and then Game Settings.
- Under the Custom Executable/JAR section, select the JAR you uploaded.
- Click Install.
- Start your server.
When Mojang releases a new Minecraft snapshot and you want to run it, repeat the Upload the Snapshot and Select the JAR sections.
Updated over 1 year ago